Recover What’s Owed
to Your Medical Practice
with Integrity, Honesty, and Respect
Customized Medical Collections
Based on your needs and the needs of your patients.
Whether you are Director of Patient Billing for a major hospital group or Business Manager for a one-physician office, your bottom line is negatively impacted by unpaid patient accounts. To the extent unpaid accounts can be recovered, your bottom line will be improved. THAT is the mission of Stern Recovery Services. A mission we accomplish while protecting your hospital or clinic’s reputation.
Medical care costs money. (You know that or you would not be reading this.) Longterm viability of your practice depends upon the recovery of past-due receivables. Patients with delinquent accounts should be courteously encouraged to pay.
Friendly, Helpful and Thorough!
Working with SRS has been a blessing. The staff is always willing and very helpful with any questions or concerns our Practice has.
As a company that uses Stern Recovery Services for more than one of our clients, it is easy to say that our experience with them over the years has always been wonderful and efficient. Stern Recovery provides prompt monthly reports and responds to requests in a timely manner.
Communication with the administrative staff is always pleasant and highly professional.
The staff at SRS is always and has always been very helpful and responsive to our business needs. We are grateful for their support and appreciate all they do.
The Stern Recovery Services team have proven themselves to be an effective and efficient partner in our collections process.
Understanding the collections process can be very confusing, but SRS always takes the time to explain the collection and reporting processes so that we can give accurate information to our patients.
I have utilized Stern Recovery Services, Inc. for over 10 years for my debt collection on numerous medical billing accounts. Their debt collection performance is outstanding, and I highly recommend their company to anyone seeking the collection of medical debt. A HUGE thank you to the staff for always being kind and helpful!
I believe SRS is largely responsible for the dramatic increase in our accounts receivable. They do an excellent job and offer the most competitive rates around.
Staff at SRS are friendly and easy to get along with and are always ready to assist with any questions or concerns and get us a resolution in a timely manner.
The SRS staff is great to work with – quick to respond to inquiries and always very professional.
* Maximize Your Recovery: Thirty years of experience has allowed us to develop and refine procedures and technologies necessary to overcome the challenges that come with medical debt. Extensive training provides our collectors with negotiation skills specifically applicable to medical collections. Our demand letters are drafted and presented in a friendly but businesslike manner intended to secure cooperation by medical patients. Our managers enforce work-flow policies ensuring every account is worked thoroughly and exhaustively. Our goal is to maximize recovery for you and improve your bottom line.
* Data Security: State-of-the-art firewalls, encryption technology and anti-virus software protect HIPAA-sensitive data and credit card information against internal and external threats. Signed agreements with key vendors emphasize each party’s responsibility for data security. Candidates for employment are pre-screened with background checks. Staff is trained with an eye to secure handling of sensitive data and are annually required to sign confidentiality agreements. Regularly scheduled review of our technology by our software and hardware providers, as well as by our insurers, ensure our compliance with Federal and State data security standards.
* Focused Campaigns: Each branch of medicine yields a different type of patient when it comes to unpaid bills, i.e. a non-paying patient of one medical specialty may respond differently than the non-paying patient of another medical specialty. In addition, medical collection is seasonal, recovery can be better at some times of the year than others. Through decades of trial and error, we have developed specialized letter and telephone campaigns to maximize recovery when any or all of these variables are present.
* Respect and Courtesy For Patients: Many patients owing delinquent accounts are otherwise conscientious persons experiencing temporary financial difficulties. Other patients have never had nor will ever have the means to pay. Our collectors understand this and are trained to treat every patient with courtesy. This approach often stimulates a non-cooperative patient to make payment, if only to reciprocate respect with respect.
* Reasonable Fees: Our fee is a percentage of what we collect for you. In most cases, this is lower than fees charged by our competitors. You owe nothing for accounts we are unable to collect.
Stern Recovery Services, Inc. Specializes Exclusively in Medical Collections
* Honesty: Our staff is trained to be candid and forthright. We present actual facts, not insinuations. We avoid communications that may mislead or threaten patients. Our goal is a relationship of trust between our collectors and your patients.
* Integrity: We are guided by Federal and State Laws regulating debt collection, credit reporting and patient confidentiality. Our communications with patients are straightforward. Our collectors strive to be clear, concise, courteous and professional.
* Respect: Many patients owing delinquent accounts are otherwise conscientious persons experiencing temporary financial difficulties. Other patients have never had nor will ever have the means to pay. Other patients lack willingness to pay. Our collectors understand this and are trained to treat every patient with courtesy. This approach often stimulates a non-cooperative patient to make payment, if only to reciprocate respect with respect.